Instructions For The J's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Instructions For The J's

Post by Dacul on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:52 pm

This topic has been created for the main reason of offering helpfull information to any new jk2 player.

I will start with an optional but usefull thing to know.

Coloured Names

To create a coloured name first you have to open console than bind a free key(that is not bound to the movement controls) with the renaming command and the desired name(with the choosen colour codes).

To open console press ~

To bind a key type in console "/bind key"

The renaming command is "set name"

To bind a key with your name you simply combine the 2 actions and add a name "/bind key set name MYNAME".

To add a colour to your name you place a colour code before it.The colour code is a combination of two characters, one being "^" and the other one being a number.

You can use up to nine colours, each being assigned to it's number.

For example:

1= red 2= green 3= yellow 4= blue

To add a shade to a colour you simply repeat the colour that you want to be the shade twice before the main colour code.

Example: ^1^1^4 = blue colour with red shade/background

That being said if I want to create a new name with a blue colour and red shade I would have to type the following code in the console:

/bind p set name ^1^1^4NewName

After you are done with developing your code press ENTER and close the console.While in game press "p" on your keyboard and your name will change to the one you just created.

You can also do various colour combinations like "^4^4^1New^1^1^7N^4^4^1ame"

Last edited by Dacul on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dacul
Admin

View user profile http://ntljk2clan.amforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Instructions For The J's

Post by TG Free-ak on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:09 am

Great Topic!
TG Free-ak

View user profile http://corelosa.hu

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud1 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 pm

adbs drunken
You are about a meter away from your bot (NOT TOUCHING AND AT A SIMILAR HEIGHT) you crouch, turn and back attack. It's imperative to "lock" your dbs in as far away from your opponent as possible; that way when the two of you DO collide, the first thing to hit the bot will be your saber and not your back. If you are running a private server or have rcon on a friendly server, try lowering the timescale to make it easy to see the way in which moving your dbs during flight can help you to get a kill (i.e. double hit/) I consider it a successful adbs if I kill my opponent and "go through" their body, landing about the same distance away from the start of my jump as if i had jumped normally. It takes a bit of practice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(video credits to NT)

Cheers,
cloudbadger
cloud1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dacul on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:28 am

Good information.Thanks for posting!
Dacul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conney on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 am

If you want to simply beat others at duels then you have to adapt to repetition, repetition is a very unique and amazing style, lets use 512 as an example. If you adapt to a 2 combo yellow style then you won't know anything but how to do the 2 combos very well, so when for example you're fighting someone far beyond your skill capacity you will still be able to beat them, because you've reached the highest possible skill capacity with a certain move, like the 2 yellow combo for example. Now you may ask yourself, but hey I wanna improve in the game and become truly "good", this question would make sense, but look at 512 he's been playing this game for 5 years now? He doesn't want to become good, but people view him as a good player, because he can BEAT various players and that's essentialy what duels are. Being able to beat your oponent no matter how awful you actually are.

Conney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dacul on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:58 am

Thanks for sharing the information however I consider the naming of players as examples not usefull because it may result in flaming.If your post brings flaming I will censor the naming and remove the other replies.I want to keep this topic strictly about the information and not with useless talks.
Dacul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Free-ak on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:54 am

Hey Cloud, tell me why aDBS why not abs? I need a rly good explanation!
Hey Dacul! Make this topic a global announcement, it is rly usefull! i somehow forgot how to make this a global announcement
TG Free-ak

View user profile http://corelosa.hu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:03 am

ADBS × ABS ?? That is what you mean FREE??

ADBS has its reason.. Crouch while jumping lowers the top of the jump.. The sooner you start holding crouch the lower you jump (attention: also the length of the jump is shorter!!!!).. When you adbs you jump lower than when you abs, it makes you fly right into your opponent with full force like a bulldozer... BS hits lil bit faster than DBS, but its not that powerful... Now its your choice when to use these 2 tricks. btw: on the ground dont use DBS at all, bs is an instant kill, dbs is fucking slow and your opponent can escape, there is also a risk that you might do a roll instead of DBS.

I skipped the dmg part cause its fucking weird...
Dio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conney on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Conney wrote:If you want to simply beat others at duels then you have to adapt to repetition, repetition is a very unique and amazing style, lets use 512 as an example. If you adapt to a 2 combo yellow style then you won't know anything but how to do the 2 combos very well, so when for example you're fighting someone far beyond your skill capacity you will still be able to beat them, because you've reached the highest possible skill capacity with a certain move, like the 2 yellow combo for example. Now you may ask yourself, but hey I wanna improve in the game and become truly "good", this question would make sense, but look at 512 he's been playing this game for 5 years now? He doesn't want to become good, but people view him as a good player, because he can BEAT various players and that's essentialy what duels are. Being able to beat your oponent no matter how awful you actually are.

ROFL

Conney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:15 am

yeah, great article Wink
Dio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dacul on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm

"Well if someone wants to play ctf i recommend to start BC.

BC - base cleaner. You need to post mines on our flag pad(mines are reborning every 40sec) and protect our cappers.
Cappers also have bind like that : "Middle/open middle''. If u see this come to middle and try to hold it open for capper. When he is rushed you must kill enemy returners.He will run around our base,and u just need to kill enemy returners and dont let them stand on our pad ( pad - place where our flag is)
Why i recommend to start bc? Simple you dont need to run so always - just ffa on your base.Also you will see how our cappers moving - try to remember it, 70% of cappers have the same moves.IMPORTANT: team can have only 1 bc, so if u see that some1 other BC ask him to gone - if he continue to be bc - just go ret or cap.IMPORTANT#2: You can be BC only if you playing 5v5.

When you become good bc, you know returners/cappers moves you can try to be cap/ret/helper. I started with cap, becuz i could run fast.But all recommend to start helper.
What helper must do: helper - is universal class. You must: stealing enemy's mines and shield, blowing enemy's mines, posting in dangerous situations (if enemy's bc killed our second capper).And help our returners.

If you started to be ret -
1) Dont try to dbs. You will block your teammates,and others will call you dbs wannabe.

2)Try not to block other returners. I recommend to start with a passive ret - You need to camp enemy's capper.Just do dfa on their way( active returners must say ways - Left, right or middle way).IMPORTANT: if you miss your dfa KILL YOURSELF. because you will block active returners,that will hunt him.

If you started to be capper:

If you begin to cap - cap untill match end,dont ret or bc(ofc there are different situations,but mainly better not to do it),AND ALWAYS STAND ON ENEMY'S PAD.Your partner will say smth like "Post!/im dead" - this means that flag will be returned soon,and you would run.IMPORTANT: Dont rush out of enemy's base untill second capper is not on post. Its
easy to camp not experience cappers.

Okay, second capper is posting,time to rush. Dont rush middle if the doors are closed. And if the doors open - rush if there is no enemy's camp returner.
IMPORTANT#2: DONT LAME.Srsly.You will be easy target if you will lame.

Well,if you did it to your base all that you need - run around it.You can blow our bc's mines to kill enemy returners.If you see smth like "NOW!/1 hit" try to be near pad - it means that our returners will ret flag soon."

by

Moonlight

Dacul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:00 pm

that means too much vodka !! dont believe that shit !!!
Dio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruax on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 am

bump
right dbs sucks
left dbs wins
Ruax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shax on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Young J's...

The WEAK die, and the STRONG survive.

/topic

Shax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruax on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Shax wrote:

/topic

what the fuck dude
Ruax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dr.phibe on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dr.phibe

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/cuuckajk2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruax on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 am

if you casnj vounter hyuou cand beat anyboidy
Ruax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:44 am

LoL phibe nice dog its your xD its pretty much Very Happy LOL elephant 
DarkNess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:38 am

We don't have ranks anymore Sad
Notorious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Quick question. How do you do the roll bug where you can glide Question Question 
Notorious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneStar on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm

very good information for a leader who ban they member  Twisted Evil 
OneStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content